Symptom 1: When trying to turn the TV on, it squeaks like a mouse three time. Sometimes it will turn on, sometimes it won’t.
Symptom 2: You turn the TV off, it turns back on 25% of the time.
- There are three capacitors that are bad.
- You will need to replace them.
Capacitor: 25V 470uF 105 degree centigrade (buy replacement on amazon for about $7). Ebay has them cheaper but takes a month to arrive.
How to Replace
- Open the back panel of the TV. (YouTube the model).
- Take off the Power motherboard (on the right side, Tan color). YouTube is as well. The board has clips and comes off easily.
- Use a Solder Iron to heat the back of the Capacitor connections and pull them off with a plier.
- Insall the new capacitor by heating the solder points and cut the extra leads.
- Test and it should work.
- Reassemble TV.
- Works like a champ!